Saturday, June 16, 2012

Space for rent

I am not renting out space in my head.

I am giving the grey matter away for free.

Disrespect is hard to tolerate. And I got dissed today, big time. It doesn't much bother me when I'm disliked (okay, I mind but it doesn't rankle the same way). But disrespected. Oh, look out.

What about you? What is it that gets under your skin the most?


I have to thank for my real estate problem an editorial agent who didn't bother to read my material and then proceeded to tell me what was wrong with it. I like critics who carefully engage and give constructive criticism. But this was a level of disrespect I had almost forgotten.

My consolation, as always when dealing with ass-holes, is knowing that he has to live with himself. I wouldn't exactly mind it if his plane got delayed in Cleveland overnight, either.

How do you keep idjuts from renting space in your head -- or getting it for free?

No comments: